Why appeal your WCB claim?
After 15 years dealing with WCB claims and saving companies over $12 million in premiums and rebates, we have the answer.
Many clients contact us because they’re upset with:
- A decision made by WCB, WSIB, or Worksafe
- They feel they are being scammed
- They are tired of dealing with a WCB claim and want it gone
- Worried about what a WCB claim will cost them
The truth is many people, regardless if they are employers or workers, waste a lot of time and energy in appeals. Chasing things that don’t matter.
We at WCB Consulting & Claims Management like to call these:
Appealing out of principle
This is a wrong way to deal with the situation, and you will waste a lot of time and energy doing this.
So then, why appeal at all?
How can you appeal a WCB claim effectively?
We believe that there is a time and place for appeals, but it has to be intelligent.
Think of it this way, you can’t walk into a court room and say to the judge “I believe we are not guilty because the worker wasn’t smart enough to know that he would get hurt.”
Or a very common one “I believe we are not guilty because the worker is a player and has had 7 prior claims.”
Tell me how to successfully appeal a WCB claim or claim decision!
Truth is, WCB doesn’t care
That doesn’t mean don’t appeal.
Have a plan before appealing
What it means is that you need a strong argument, backed by policy, and evidence.
Now you are not always going to have the best evidence, especially if your claims management system is weak.
So what do you do?
- You fill out the contact form and tell us what you’re hoping to appeal.
- One of our agents will call you to discuss your case
- We will help you to decide what is the best way to deal with your appeal.
- Together we will put a plan in place that gives you the greatest chance for success.
If you want to appeal the claim yourself, and are looking for us to guide you through, we offer an APPEALS COURSE that walks you step by step through the entire appeals process.
We tell you:
- How to get a copy of the file
- What evidence to use
- How to find and use WCB policy
- How to prepare and present your argument to WCB
It’s like having us coach you 1 on 1 on your time. You will know what to do and how to respond. To get the appeals course click here.